Have you ever compared your naughty bits to that of adult film and movie stars, and wondered why yours just don’t look as even colored? Trust me, we have all been there, done that. But don’t worry! Genital skin discoloration is completely normal, and it’s mainly those in porn who have perfectly bleached private areas (for the sake of the camera, of course!)
You may have been experiencing skin discoloration down there for quite some time or maybe now it’s just starting, but either way, it’s nothing to worry about as long as there are no unsettling smells, itch, or unusual discharge. If anything seems out of the normal, please see your gyno or procto immediately.
So, you may be wondering why exactly this is happening, and there are a number of reasons that you may be experiencing genital skin discoloration. The discoloration can be anywhere from a light pink to a dark brown, and can be caused based on age, weight, ethnicity, and even genetics – thanks, mom!
We know skin discoloration can impact your sexual self-esteem, but don’t fret! There are all kinds of home remedies as well as medications that can be prescribed by your doctor you can try to help even things out, and Annabelle’s carries a variety of options that are simple to use. Pink Privates, System Jo Skin Brightener, and Coochy Pretty Parts are just a few of the skin brighteners you can try, and it’s as easy as applying lotion. The home remedies sound a little out there, but try to stay with us. You can try:
- Making a paste out of a raw potato (including the skin) and apply before bed (we might suggest not wearing your favorite undies to bed that night) and wash it off with some warm water in the morning. With regular use, this can help permanently reverse dark skin discoloration!
- Applying fresh lemon juice (preferably fresh squeezed but concentrate is fine as well) to the area you wish to color and leave on for about 30 minutes to an hour, then wash off with some warm water. Citric acid is a great exfoliating agent!
- Make a simple baking soda paste out of baking soda and water and apply to the area for about an hour; this will help remove dead skin cells. Once the time is up, you just wash off with warm water!
- Wearing pants and underwear that is too tight can also cause intimate areas to darken, hand in hand with what those items are made of. Maybe try wearing looser fitting bottoms that are made of cotton blends and not synthetic materials.
- Frequent shaving can also cause intimate areas to darken. We know it may not seem like much of a solution, trading dark skin for bush, but maybe changing up your normal grooming routine could help! It’s also suggested to avoid hair removal creams and talcum powders in intimate areas as well
So if you’re feeling a little uncomfortable with the color of your genitals, give one of these options a try! But also don’t forget that it is a completely normal thing for your body to do and there is nothing to worry about. As always, the staff of Annabelle’s is always around to answer any questions you may have about your intimate areas!